[chef] Alternate for roles in chef

  • From: Arpana Chandrashekhar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Alternate for roles in chef
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:59:24 +0530

Hi,

I'm from a product based company, there are several products each with many versions. I'm told to automate these products using chef. What I have done is, for each product I have written a cookbook with one default version and for the rest of the versions, I have put into roles. But the problem is, every year there's going to be new version of the product launch, So I'm finding it difficult to manage these roles. Is there any alternative to manage different versions of product/application other than roles?

Regards,
Arpana

  • [chef] Alternate for roles in chef, Arpana Chandrashekhar, 07/02/2015