[chef] Re: ChefSpec included recipe resources

  • From: Sean OMeara < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: ChefSpec included recipe resources
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:32:03 -0400

ChefSpec just makes assertions about the compiled resource_collection.

Since include_recipe compiles the requested recipes, rewriting the specs for those is redundant.

This should be enough

Unfortunately, due to the way Chef works, you won't have %100 ChefSpec code coverage unless you go and restate yourself.

As for package vs yum_package, that's a Chef version specific detail, that ChefSpec can't really do much about.

-s