[chef] Linux version of adamedx/winbox or nordstrom/chefdk-bootstrap

  • From: Alex Thomas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Linux version of adamedx/winbox or nordstrom/chefdk-bootstrap
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 23:15:13 -0500

Does anyone know if there are (not sure of the chef term)(environments?) like the above for *nix? Trying to find a good example of setting up a desktop / workstation with chef. My goal is to be able to test different distros + plus freebsd on my test laptop, but have it so that I install base system, then run chef-client and it pulls all the dev-tools, plus other apps that I want. I know the focus is on server side, but automating workstations is my goal.

Thank you,

Alex ThomasĀ