[chef] install & upgrading windows package with version in name

  • From: Grzegorz Marszałek < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] install & upgrading windows package with version in name
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 21:18:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

I use chef to manage windows machines - and I install a lot of windows packages. Some of them have bad habit to include version in package name. This is bad when you want to do application upgrades, or may be application upgrades them selves.

So - how do you manage installing & upgrading windows apps with version in package name (that is: when you click on installed programs you see app name with version on the list)?

Bye
--
Grzegorz Marszałek