[chef] RE: install & upgrading windows package with version in name

  • From: "Smith, Scott" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: install & upgrading windows package with version in name
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:10:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Grzegorz,

I’ve encountered this issue myself and my solution was to use a second resource. Change your original windows_package’s action to :remove and create a new resource for the new package. Once you’re absolutely sure the first package doesn’t exist in your infrastructure, you can remove the original resource. It works, but I’m not thrilled with the solution. Here’s hoping someone else in the community has some magic to share.

Thanks,

Scott