[chef] Re: Re: Berkshelf sources from chef server

  • From: Doug Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Berkshelf sources from chef server
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:12:51 -0700

Thanks.

The docs at http://berkshelf.com yesterday said you could use your chef server as an artifact server with berkshelf. That's no longer there. Looks like someone updated it.

Doug

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Yoshi Spendiff < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
You need to install a berkshelf API server as the API presented by Chef server itself is not what berkshelf itself uses to create the dependency tree. This will read the cookbooks from your chef server using a chef client and present them (under that universe path) as available objects when using berks commands.

It doesn't configure https by default but it just runs via nginx so it's easy enough to configure yourself.