[[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Bootstrap templates

  • From: Barry Steinglass < >
  • To: Bryan McLellan < >
  • Cc: "Jason J. W. Williams" < >, , Jesse Robbins < >
  • Subject: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Re: [[chef-dev]] Bootstrap templates
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:44:33 -0700

A dedicated repo for bootstrap templates on the community site is an idea we've been considering recently. I think it would be good to create this, and we're having a conversation about relative priority now.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Bryan McLellan < "> > wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
< "> > wrote:
> A dedicated repo for knife bootstrap templates would be great. It
> would be very helpful to have one place to go to look for the
> bootstrap for your OS of choice.

This could also be a feature that we add to
http://community.opscode.com where you could share bootstrap templates
as well as cookbooks.

When we get a better search and recipe viewer on the community site,
it seems like it would be a boon for searches to also optionally
include bootstrap templates.

I think it that case we would include just a few templates in the core project.

Bryan