- From: Ringo De Smet <
- To: Peter Donald <
- Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: CHEF-2988 allowed_recipes, restricted_recipes, and override_recipes
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:04:21 +0200
On 22 March 2012 23:28, Peter Donald <
It seems like this is an attempt to jury-rig something onto the chef
model rather than changing the model. It seems like the use case is
actually adhoc execution of commands/resource installation using the
chef syntax? If so why not add the ability to distribute a one-shot
command to chef clients when needed. Then these application deploys
and/or apt-get upgrades or whatever could be run through this system
and regular infrastructure maintenance can continue to use the
existing approach. I think trying to merge the two approaches may lead
to a bit of complexity when adopting chef.
Tools to perform one-shot commands over a set of machines:
The latter can read Chef or Ohai metadata.
No need to change Chef for that.
- [chef-dev] Re: CHEF-2988 allowed_recipes, restricted_recipes, and override_recipes, (continued)
- [chef-dev] Re: CHEF-2988 allowed_recipes, restricted_recipes, and override_recipes, AJ Christensen, 03/26/2012
- [chef-dev] Re: CHEF-2988 allowed_recipes, restricted_recipes, and override_recipes, Bryan McLellan, 03/28/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.