[chef-dev] Re: Re: CHEF-3747 - Compile Time Packages

  • From: Peter Donald < >
  • Cc: Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: CHEF-3747 - Compile Time Packages
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:53:09 +1100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Sean OMeara < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Compile time modification is a hack that should very much be discouraged.

I'd rather see something akin to "run stages" where you could force
the convergence of a recipe before the compile phase of another.

+1

If a single chef run could be multiple stages, where each stage was a runlist and each stage compiled and converged before the next stage,  this would make my life a lot easier. For bonus points you could make it possible to run stages individually and suddenly application deploys would be much easier in chef.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald