- From: Steven Danna <
, Chef Dev <
- Subject: [chef-dev] CHEF Code Review 27 November 2013
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:54:03 -0800
For those in the US, we hope you enjoy the holiday! Code review notes below.
- CHEF-3531 data bags searched by the 'users' cookbook can't have
dots in the value for 'id'
- CHEF-4731 Stopping a non-existent Windows Service Causes Exception
- CHEF-4760 knife diagnostic messages sent to stdout instead of stderr
We agree with the sentiment but chaning all info messages to go to
stderr will break the desired behavior in a few casses.
- CHEF-4212 Allow knife-bootstrap to download from places other than
We couldn't find the fix.
- CHEF-4774 knife bootstrap with use-sudo-password fails when ssh
password is not provided on command line
* To Merge
- CHEF-4784 Output formatter "doc" lacks information about handlers
- CHEF-4358 Chef client fails when invoked with an empty environment
- CHEF-4822 Remove unused instance variable startup_type from service
- CHEF-2418 'knife ssh' should prompt for user password
We'd like a small comment added to explain some tricky behavior.
We'll add before merge if you can't get to it.
- CHEF-4806 debian service not idempotent and ignoring S runlevel
Looks good, but we want a Debian wizard to review. Left as Fix Provided.
- CHEF-4782 chef service provider action "enable" not idempodent on
This looks good but CHEF-4806 also fixes this and includes tests.
Left as Fix Provided.
- [chef-dev] CHEF Code Review 27 November 2013, Steven Danna, 11/27/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.