[chef-dev] Re: Re: Homebrew As OS X Default Package Provider

  • From: Dreamcat4 < >
  • To: Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten < >
  • Cc: Joshua Timberman < >, Chef Developers < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Homebrew As OS X Default Package Provider
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:07:48 +0100

Yes.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I may be a MacPorts package maintainer, but this is the right default. +1

--
Ohai Chefs!

I opened an issue in chef-rfc about making homebrew the default provider for the package resource on OS X systems.

https://github.com/opscode/chef-rfc/issues/28

While I'd like to see this happen for Chef 12, I think given the backwards compatibility issue makes that too aggressive. I'd love to hear folks thoughts though. Please comment!

Thank you,
Joshua