[chef] Re: source repositories as resources?

  • From: Miguel Cabeça <cabeca@ist.utl.pt>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: [chef] Re: source repositories as resources?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:47:35 +0100

Ian,

Is anybody else using chef to manage a source repository? How are other people
handling this?

In my subversion cookbook I've created a subversion_export definition that I can use on any recipe like this:

subversion_export "webmail" do
  url  "https://xpto.com/svn/webmail/trunk/web";
  path "/var/www/mail.ist.utl.pt"
  revision 33
end

The definition is backed by a custom script uploaded to the host by the subversion recipe.

It's been working form me, but a repo resource would be a very nice addition indeed.

Best Regards

Miguel Cabeça