[chef] Re: CI

  • From: Graeme Mathieson <mathie@woss.name>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: [chef] Re: CI
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:13:01 +0100

On 27 Jul 2009, at 11:46, Arjuna Christensen wrote:
We have a Bamboo license on the way from Atlassian, aswell as FishEye and Crucible.

Bamboo is awesome.  It's what introduced us to Atlassian in the first place. We've got licenses for FishEye and Crucible and I've been meaning to try them out now that Git support has landed, but haven't quite had the time yet...

Bamboo setup tips:

* Check out Nick Seiger's awesome ci_reporter gem <http://github.com/nicksieger/ci_reporter/tree/master> which will generate JUnit style XML output for test results that Bamboo can then parse and provide stats on. See "Top 10 Longest Running Tests" at <http://ci.rubaidh.com/browse/CHEF-MASTER/test> for a good example.

* There are a couple of Git plugins. I've been using <http://github.com/slnc/bgit/tree/master>  but rumour has it that there will be a more officially blessed one sometime soon... (can't for the life of me find the reference to back up that rumour-in-my-head though!)