[chef] Re: Re: Re: Problem with roles not updating

  • From: Jose Luis Gordo Romero < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Problem with roles not updating
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:26:44 +0200

Sounds good the two solutions, the main concern with the current aproach is the need of restart the prod chef server behind chef-clients runs!

Thanks!
Jose Luis Gordo

2009/8/4 Graeme Mathieson < "> >

On 4 Aug 2009, at 11:18, Arjuna Christensen wrote:

I've been thinking of hooking into Merb's file watching behaviour to have it reload cookbooks and roles automatically - what do you think?

That would be awesome, yes. For inexperienced users (ie me!) there's a frustrating stumbling point when what you've just pushed to the running chef server doesn't match what's actually being served up.