[chef] LWRP with resources: was Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: param[:name] bizarreness when nesting defines

  • From: Brian Akins < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] LWRP with resources: was Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: param[:name] bizarreness when nesting defines
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:38:43 -0500

On Jan 19, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Joshua Timberman wrote:

Example of a LWRP that uses Chef resources directly:

https://github.com/opscode/cookbooks/blob/master/daemontools/providers/service.rb

See the enable action.

Nice.

So, if I wanted this service to be able to notify others ( by calling new_resource.updated_by_last_action(true), right?)  how could I know if the directory, for example, got created, so I'd want to pass that notify up?  Asked another way: how do I pass along the updated status of the underlying resources if I use them in an LWRP.

Thanks for the example, it points me in the right direction, at least.

--Brian