[chef] Re: WEBUi - Force chef-client action

  • From: Noah Kantrowitz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: WEBUi - Force chef-client action
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:07:58 -0700

On Mar 18, 2011, at 2:56 AM, WEINHAPL Andreas wrote:

HI,

I saw the Opscode platform that it’s possible to mouse over the tab “run list” at the point “Status” and see the complete run list of this node. But if I’m installing the server on my own, I didn’t get this feature. I can click on it and nothing happened or mouse over. For what is this button?! I thought, that you are able to push a new run list to a node but this is only an idea and I can’t do it L Soo my question is, is there a way to force an chef-client via the WEBUI?! It will be very nice, because if you have a necessary task and you have to do it now, you can’t login to every server and enter the command “chef-client”

As others have said this has nothing to do with actually running anything, but at least when I looked into this on the 0.9.12 apt packaged version it wasn't working due to an incorrectly minified version of jQuery (which was no longer syntactically correct). I have vague memories of jtimberman mentioning that it was some debian policy to use a central version of jQuery and that was breaking things.

--Noah