[chef] Re: Re: Re: new RBEL ruby packages in testing (fixing ruby segfaults with Chef, yum provider)

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: new RBEL ruby packages in testing (fixing ruby segfaults with Chef, yum provider)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 17:15:51 -0700

Sergio, and anyone else with segfaults on x86_64 el5, can you test out the new packages in:

testing.aegisco.com

I'm not able to reproduce the x86_64 segfaults. Still working on the i386 ones.

Thanks,

James

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Sergio Rubio < "> > wrote:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM, James < "> > wrote:
> Also, what build flags did you tweak? I found success by simply compiling a
> newer version of ruby 1.8.7.
> James

Removed a bunch of them. Still need to find which one is causing the
issue though. Upgrading ruby to p352 didn't help in my case
unfortunately.

Have a look at the sources here, I just pushed them:

http://github.com/frameos/ruby-rpm