[chef] Re: Re: Re: Need a monitoring automation cookbook

  • From: "Jason J. W. Williams" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Need a monitoring automation cookbook
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:07:00 -0700

Yes.  I'm looking for a very custom solution that will automate deploying monitoring to our custom products as each new server is deployed.

Our approach has been to deploy NRPE to every server and create a /etc/nagios/nrpe.d directory.

Then our individual app cookbooks deploy the config file with the checks they need into /etc/nagios/nrpe.d

Our Nagios server recipe queries the Chef database for nodes containing the app recipes and auto-generates NRPE checks to those nodes.

-J