[chef] Re: Re: Re: bluepill error uninitialized constant Daemonization (NameError)

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: bluepill error uninitialized constant Daemonization (NameError)
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:09:32 +0545

Hi, I am really frustrated with the installation of the chef-server via the cookbook.
I almost tried every possible way to installing chef-server and every time I face a new error. Is it just me or anybody else too? Or am I so stupid enough!!
Due to the installation problem with the rubygems n bluepill way, I tried to install using the default recipe.
Here too, I failed with the error: [Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:09:59 +0000] FATAL: Errno::ECONNREFUSED: http_request[compact chef couchDB] (chef-server::default line 24) had an error: Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2)

This time the chef_server role I modified is:

name "chef_server"
description "Setup a chef-server on an instance"
run_list(
  "recipe[chef-server]"
)
override_attributes(
  :chef_server => {
    :init_style => 'init',
    :webui_enabled => true
  }
)

and the debug-log at: https://gist.github.com/1864698

Why isn't it stable enough or I might be lacking the experience?
Sometimes it gets so frustrating!!!

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer