[chef] Re: Any issues changing the IP Address of the Chef Server?

  • From: Bryan Brandau < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Any issues changing the IP Address of the Chef Server?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:42:34 -0600

The only problem with moving Chef Servers that we've had is with Rabbit.  You'll probably need to reconfigure Rabbit.

cd /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit
sudo mv * /tmp
rabbitmqctl add_vhost /chef
rabbitmqctl add_user chef {password}  #Password in solr.rb for amqp_pass
rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p /chef chef "." "." ".*"
sudo /etc/chef$ /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server start
sudo /etc/init.d/chef-solr-indexer start