[chef] Graphing Chef metrics in graphite

  • From: Dan Adams < >
  • To: < >
  • Cc: "Adams, Daniel (Personal)" < >
  • Subject: [chef] Graphing Chef metrics in graphite
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:37:20 +0100

Hi

I'm using Chef Server across a number of environments. I'm also using Graphite (http://graphite.wikidot.com/) to graph a number of metrics for various items from infrastructure up to app and service level.

Since I'm sure I'm not the only one using both Chef and Graphite, I wanted to get a feel for what (and how) others were graphing Chef metrics into Graphite.

I'd be interested in hearing what metrics you'd found most useful in building up Chef dashboards in Graphite, and how you went about gathering the metrics (eg API, log scraping etc)

Cheers

Dan