[chef] Re: Re: Re: Graphing Chef metrics in graphite

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Graphing Chef metrics in graphite
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 00:13:43 +0530

we have multiple chef installations , one for our own private cloud and rest for our clients (in aws/ rackspace etc), we are primarily using the graphite report handler or nsca handler -> nagios-> graphios->graphite.
Among all the metrics  (e.g. all resources, updated resources, elapsed time etc) , the number of updated resources has helped us a lot to cross check our recipes for non-idempotent resources.