- From: Justin Louie <
- Subject: [chef] Running bundle install
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:40:12 -0700
I've tried to no avail to make bundle install work on a Vagrant box. Currently the process is:
- Get ruby using ruby_build OR direct compile and install
- Obtain code from git via deploy.
- Run recipe:
script "bundler install" do
cwd deploy_dir + "/current"
The response is usually "Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /root/.bundler". All the tinkering of settings won't allow me to properly run bundle install. I've tried
- different users
- ruby_build vs rvm vs direct compile and install
If I login to ubuntu or vagrant and run bundle install manually, everything works great.
Any help would be much appreciated as I've been banging my head against this for the past 6 hours.
Chef is 0.10.8
Ruby is 1.9.3-p194
- [chef] Running bundle install, Justin Louie, 05/17/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.