Thanks Akzhan! That got me past that. I really felt I was going down a black hole.Now that I'm past that I get stuck when I try to use a gem:
- bundle exec gem list OR bundle exec whenever -wIt always returnsCould not find i18n-0.6.0 in any of the sourcesRun `bundle install` to install missing gems.Running `bundle install` looks as if everything installed just fine. Below is my log output if that helps at all.Many thanks!Justin================================================:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ bundle installUsing i18n (0.6.0)Using multi_json (1.3.5)Using activesupport (3.2.3)Using builder (3.0.0)Using activemodel (3.2.3)Using multi_xml (0.5.1)Using httparty (0.8.3)Using json (1.7.3)Using nokogiri (1.5.2)Using uuidtools (2.1.2)Using aws-sdk (1.4.1)Using bson (1.6.2)Using chronic (0.6.7)Using diff-lcs (1.1.3)Using extensions (0.6.0)Using mockfs (0.1.6)Using mongo (1.6.2)Using plucky (0.4.4)Using mongo_mapper (0.11.1)Using rspec-core (2.10.0)Using rspec-expectations (2.10.0)Using rspec-mocks (2.10.1)Using rspec (2.10.0)Using whenever (0.7.3)Using bundler (1.1.3)Your bundle is complete! It was installed into ./vendor/bundle:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ wheneverwhenever: command not found:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ bundle exec whenever -wCould not find i18n-0.6.0 in any of the sourcesRun `bundle install` to install missing gems.:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ sudo gem install i18nFetching: i18n-0.6.0.gem (100%)Successfully installed i18n-0.6.01 gem installedInstalling ri documentation for i18n-0.6.0...Installing RDoc documentation for i18n-0.6.0...:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ bundle exec whenever -wCould not find i18n-0.6.0 in any of the sourcesRun `bundle install` to install missing gems.:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ bundle install --without developmentUnfortunately, a fatal error has occurred. Please report this error to the Bundler issue tracker at https://github.com/carlhuda/bundler/issues so that we can fix it. Please include the full output of the command, your Gemfile and Gemfile.lock. Thanks!/opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/settings.rb:101:in `initialize': Permission denied - /data/postfix-log-uploader/releases/20120518062117/.bundle/config (Errno::EACCES)from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/settings.rb:101:in `open'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/settings.rb:101:in `set_key'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/settings.rb:15:in `='from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/settings.rb:65:in `without='from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/cli.rb:212:in `install'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/task.rb:22:in `send'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/task.rb:22:in `run'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/invocation.rb:118:in `invoke_task'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor.rb:263:in `dispatch'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/base.rb:386:in `start'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.1.3/bin/bundle:13from /opt/vagrant_ruby/bin/bundle:19:in `load'from /opt/vagrant_ruby/bin/bundle:19:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ ruby -vruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]:/data/postfix-log-uploader/current$ bundle exec ruby -vruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Akzhan Abdulin < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
By the way, I have working installation in Ubuntu Vagrant Box.Take a look at https://github.com/Undev/runit-man/blob/master/cookbooks/provisioning/recipes/default.rb2012/5/18 Akzhan Abdulin < " target="_blank"> >And, of course You can also set --path option - to install gems inn other location (for example, into $deploy_root/shared/gems).2012/5/18 Akzhan Abdulin < " target="_blank"> >
bundle install --deployment2012/5/18 Justin Louie < " target="_blank"> >
Hi All,I've tried to no avail to make bundle install work on a Vagrant box. Currently the process is:
- Get ruby using ruby_build OR direct compile and install
- Obtain code from git via deploy.
- Run recipe:The response is usually "Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /root/.bundler". All the tinkering of settings won't allow me to properly run bundle install. I've triedscript "bundler install" dointerpreter "bash"user "ubuntu"cwd deploy_dir + "/current"code <<-EOHbundle installEOHend
- different users
- ruby_build vs rvm vs direct compile and installIf I login to ubuntu or vagrant and run bundle install manually, everything works great.Any help would be much appreciated as I've been banging my head against this for the past 6 hours.Chef is 0.10.8Ruby is 1.9.3-p194Thanks!Justin
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.