[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Better workflow for actively-developed cookbooks

  • From: Jeremiah Snapp < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Better workflow for actively-developed cookbooks
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:41:00 -0400

I could be missing something but I can run "knife cookbook metadata vagrant_extras -o ../cookbooks/" from within my chef-repo directory and it works fine.  That reaches outside my chef-repo to my cookbooks directory with forked cookbooks.  I can also run "knife cookbook metadata -a -o ../cookbooks/" and it would run against all forked cookbooks in that directory.  I think the problem might be that you are putting your options (-o) before your cookbook name.  The options have to come after the cookbook name.  Let me know if I'm totally misunderstanding your problem.