[chef] Re: further whyrun testing

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: further whyrun testing
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:34:12 -0700

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM, wrote:

Hi,

I've tested whyrun in the last weeks intensively (found a few issues (some of them are fixed already)).

But at the moment I can't really proceed with testing because of the issue I've filed.

http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3401

(I think http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3308  is related).

We have many custom ohai plugins/attributes in our cookbooks (i think we are not the only ones).

Are there any plans or roadmap to fix this so that we can proceed with whyrun testing ?

Thanks for whyrun, it's great to have it !

------

Can you describe the situation in more detail? Are you describing a case where you have a new ohai plugin to be added along with a recipe that depends on it?

Does everything work as expected if you install the ohai plugins before running why-run?

--
Daniel DeLeo