[chef] Re: Redhat admins, if a cookbook enables EPEL, is that a surprise?

  • From: Jamie Winsor < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Redhat admins, if a cookbook enables EPEL, is that a surprise?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:36:11 -0800

Bryan,

Our application cookbooks will enable EPEL if they are attempting to retrieve a package which requires it. The same goes for any of our library cookbooks which have a package contained there. We always make these cookbooks configurable, though, so you can instead retrieve your package out of a self hosted repository.

EPEL is more of a sensible default for us.

--
Jamie Winsor
@resetexistence