[chef] Re: Re: Re: Application cookbook memory leak

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Application cookbook memory leak
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:10:47 +1300

Chef has built in support to fork the run when run from a daemon. Give it a shot and see if it helps. You'll likely still see the 500MB process usage, but the forked copy (where the memory is being used) should be terminated at the end of the run. [0]

You'll want 'chef-(client|solo) --fork'

Cheers,

--AJ

[0] https://github.com/opscode/chef/blob/master/lib/chef/application/client.rb#L188