[chef] Re: nodes not showing up in `knife status`

  • From: Peter Donald < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: nodes not showing up in `knife status`
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:27:32 +1100

Hi,

Are the nodes that are missing either windows nodes or nodes that generate lots of data from ohai? If so it is probably that the data is not being indexed correctly. Chef silently fails to index large nodes - you can fix this by increasing the "maxFieldLength" value. Watch out if you are doing this under ubuntu as it seems to have two copies of this file installed.