[chef] Registering chef client with a server

  • From: Dimitar Georgievski < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Registering chef client with a server
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:48:38 -0500

Hello,

I am trying unsuccessfully to register/configure a chef client with Open Source chef server. It should be simple but I find the available documentation outdated or to be missing important information.  It looks like it is focused on the hosted chef only. I am stuck on this step which I thought would be the simplest part of the installation and configuration.

Could someone share his/her experience with setting up an Open Source server and clients? Is there are a guide or tutorial on it? Maybe I missed it.

I am using ver 11.4.0 for both client and server on RHEL 5..6.

Thanks,

Dimitar