[chef] Running a chef-handler via RVM-managed Ruby

  • From: Cassiano Leal < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Running a chef-handler via RVM-managed Ruby
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:56:38 -0300

Is it possible? :)

My problem is that I have a report handler that posts stats to stathat.com, and the gem is incompatible with ruby 1.8 (or so I figured).

All my systems have 1.9.3 installed via RVM, and I want to use that for the handler. The gem installs ok using fnichol's rvm cookbook's gem_package recipe, but the handler still tries to run on the system Ruby (or the omnibus Ruby, maybe?) [0].

Any clues?

Thanks!

- cassiano

[0] https://gist.github.com/cassianoleal/5090866