[chef] Re: Re: chef-solr gem

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To: Sam Darwin < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: chef-solr gem
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:07:53 -0700

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Sam Darwin wrote:
What exactly are you using in chef-solr?

The edelight cookbook for chef-solo support for nagios. I
grabbed that code a few months ago and it worked fine. Then upgrade
to chef 11 and it breaks.
Since most of the server is now written in Erlang, and we've decoupled the version numbers between client and server, it's unlikely that you'll be able to load chef-solr into Chef in the future. I'm not familiar with that cookbook, but unless it is actually installing Solr, loading data into it and then searching, I don't think it should actually need any functionality from chef-solr.

Hopefully someone on this list can suggest an alternative.

--
Daniel DeLeo