[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife ec2 plugin - losing my mind....

  • From: Kevin Nuckolls < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife ec2 plugin - losing my mind....
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 09:19:34 -0500

Chiming in with another data point. I've used the knife ec2 plugin for a year and a half and it's never given me any problems. If it's an intermittent problem it's likely that the ec2 endpoints are timing out on you, or that the version of the fog gem that underlies the knife-ec2 plugin has a brand new bug in it.

If it's the ec2 endpoint timing out on you, then the ec2 command line tools won't work. If it's fog, then they will. You can test fog in IRB, or just see if it's had a recent release and downgrade it via your Gemfile.

My two cents, hope that helps.

-Kevin