[chef] Re: Re: application_ruby cookbook and rbenv

  • From: Cassiano Leal < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: application_ruby cookbook and rbenv
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:31:22 -0300

Hi Graham,

As I said on IRC, your solution doesn't seem to apply to passenger.

I'm installing rbenv and Ruby using the rbenv cookbook found in the community site. It has an Ohai plugin that correctly reports my rbenv-installed Ruby in languages[:ruby], yet the gem still gets installed to the system Ruby, and when mod_rails tries to compile it uses that as well.

I'm very curious to understand how are people configuring and deploying Rails applications with Chef. If anyone can share how they're doing it, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks,
- cassiano