[chef] Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?

  • From: Stephen Nelson-Smith < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:53:13 +0100

Hi,

On 18 June 2013 20:40, Mike < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
bats and minitest-handler
https://gist.github.com/fnichol/5445260
https://github.com/ChrisLundquist/test-kitchen-example/blob/master/test/integration/default/bats/example.bats.erb

Depending on the OP's definition, that's not 'outside in'.

I *think* what Tobias is asking is whether he can run tests AGAINST systems built WITH Test Kitchen.

If so, that is exactly what I am doing.

If instead he just means: can I use Test Kitchen to run tests with Cucumber - the answer is: yes - write a busser plugin.

But I would argue that's the wrong use of the tool, and serverspec or bats is much better for this use case.

S.