[chef] Re: Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?

  • From: Stephen Nelson-Smith < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:58:33 +0100

Hi,

On 18 June 2013 20:52, Torben Knerr < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies!

I just noticed that I'm actually looking for something suitable to test my infrastructure (e.g. represented by a couple of vagrant VMs interacting with each other) rather than individual cookbooks.

Right - so explicitly this is not what Test Kitchen is designed for.  But we can use the fact that it builds infrastructure and converges nodes.

@Stephen: looking forward to see more of it. My first thought on Leibniz was a bit different though given that we are working in a kitchen, aren't we?

Hehe.  I named it after the dude who, alongside Newton, invevented integration.

@Mike: but this runs on the node, doesn't it?

Yes - absolutely.  This is what Test Kitchen *is* designed to do.

S.