[chef] Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Test Kitchen and Outside-in Acceptance Testing?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:52:59 +0200

Thanks for the quick replies!

I just noticed that I'm actually looking for something suitable to test my infrastructure (e.g. represented by a couple of vagrant VMs interacting with each other) rather than individual cookbooks.

@Stephen: looking forward to see more of it. My first thought on Leibniz was a bit different though given that we are working in a kitchen, aren't we?

@Mike: but this runs on the node, doesn't it?

@Ranjib: do you have an example where you are using serverspec? It sounds like you spin up a VM, then run your serverspec suite against it from the outside, and tear it down again. Is that so?