[chef] lwrp based on the omnibus configuration DSL ?

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] lwrp based on the omnibus configuration DSL ?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:29:31 +0200

Some time ago, I created the ark LWRP to handle the unpack, configure, link, install dance. I was never quite happy with it, primarily because it conflated two separate concerns that are best handled by diffferent LWRPS, 1) getting a tarball and 2) configuring its contents along the configure-make-symlink lines. I have written a new LWRP for doing the download part and I hope I get the chance to open-source it some time soon. I really like the Configuration DSL from omnibus https://github.com/opscode/omnibus-ruby. Has anyone written an LWRP base on the omnibus configuration DSL? I hope someone has saved me the trouble.