[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife command very slow

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife command very slow
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:34:02 -0700

On 8/19/13 11:28 AM, Cassiano Leal wrote:
I don’t use omnibus on my laptop, as I prefer to manage all my rubies with a single version manager, so installing Chef as a gem is saner. I also don’t like to use either gemsets or bundles to manage command-line tools, since I usually want to run them from anywhere in the shell without having to change context first.

you can install a knife-specific gemset under rvm and then alias knife to rvm exec it under that gemset. not sure if you can do that with rbenv or other tools.