[chef] Re: Chef server as a chef-client on itself ok?

  • From: Nick Silkey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef server as a chef-client on itself ok?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:50:35 -0500

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013, Joshua Timberman wrote:
It totally should.

For a really extreme example, we manage hosted chef with chef (imagine that?), which uses a private chef server, which in turn uses chef solo (gotta start somewhere :)).

Monitoring the chef server for alerts and graph is important, and is presume whatever you're using internally is managed by chef with search so adding the server itself is a good plan.