[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deploy production servers with vagrant

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deploy production servers with vagrant
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:33:27 +0100

Cool, thanks!

On Oct 31, 2013 6:21 PM, "Sterling Windmill" < "> > wrote:
Docker's remote API looks to provide a possible solution in the surface (although I've not personally used it):

On Oct 31, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Torben Knerr < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

@Tom: yes, that's the association which people typically have with vagrant from the time when it was virtualbox only.

I think the problem that Vladimir faces is that lxc is a local "virtualization" technology like virtualbox and vmware are. There is no remote API which acts as an interface for managing lxc containers, like there are APIs for managing aws, rackspace or vsphere instances.

Does docker solve that problem?

Cheers, Torben