[chef] node status tracking time stamp

  • From: Jasna Benčić < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] node status tracking time stamp
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:17:30 +0100

Ohai Chefs,

Can you please explain to me how is Management console tracking nodes i.e. their status?  - What I precisely mean how does it check date/time when was last chef-client run?  How do you get that time stamp information from code perspective?

I haven't found code around that, that's why I ask.

Chef server api docs are great but haven't found commands which would help me to retrieve something from Chef server with precise date/time when something was changed and what exactly has been changed.

Thanks in advance,

J.