[chef] Service Resource broken on OSX as of 11.12

  • From: Brian Hatfield < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Service Resource broken on OSX as of 11.12
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:55:57 -0400

Hi,

I upgraded to 11.12 due to the heartbleed vulnerability and omnibus's embedded openssl - unfortunately, 11.12 has some service changes on OSX that break Chef (specifically, any time a service resource is re-opened, the chef run blows up).

I realize that many people are at Chef-Conf, but this is a major regression that has made Chef unusable on OSX. I'm hoping to get help/attention on this?

I'd be happy to submit a PR that reverts the service resource change, but I'm not sure if that's the right choice here.

https://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-5223

Halp!

Brian