[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: chef 11 only localhost works

  • From: Daniel Daugherty < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: chef 11 only localhost works
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:30:08 -0400

Thanks All

Daniel DeLeo was correct IPTABLES (default CentOS 6,4) has a forwarding rule that was preventing the traffic.  Cleared it and everything works now.

Thanks
Daniel D.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM, David Chait < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I had the same issue with RHEL6, as I recall it turned out to be an
issue with /etc/hosts. I added the fqdn/short name for the machine
with the real IP address on the second line and removed them from
localhost, then I ran the install again.