[chef] Re: Re: Re: knife-vsphere and debian6

  • From: Tensibai Zhaoying < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: knife-vsphere and debian6
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:55:07 +0200

I didn't dig into it with 5.5 as we use Ubuntu, but I remember a hackish way with a vmtools startup script and a spec done for another flavor of Linux for netbsd boxes on 3.0.1 I would look in this way if using a spec for another distribution do not work.

I can't have a look a it right now as I'm heading to my bed but I'll try to find time tomorrow to throw an eye over this as I may have the same problems in a near future

Envoyé à partir de mon smartphone Sony Xperia™

---- Elvin Abordo a écrit ----

tensibai -

Yes i have a full ESXi setup with vcenter. We have an enterprise plus license.

The part where i'm stuck at is the --cip and --cgateway don't get applied to a debian 6 machine using knife-vsphere. Works perfectly fine with ubuntu 12. I understand that debian 6 will still run under esxi 5.5 but they pull support on things like customization spec and like you said hoping to lean on the chef community to try and help with the migration.

It's either try using knife-vsphere to get a fully IP'd machine provisioned and bootstrapped with chef or find a hackish way of doing it. Thoughts and ideas are more than welcome.