[chef] Re: Re: Re: What if we killed the mailing list altogether...

  • From: Brian Hatfield < >
  • To:
  • Cc: , Adam Jacob < >, "Julian C. Dunn" < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: What if we killed the mailing list altogether...
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:08:44 -0500

I'm also perfectly happy with a standard mailing list. In particular, other open-source projects that I care about also have mailing lists in a similar form, which makes it easy for me to filter and follow projects that I am interested in.

In my opinion, there is a surprising difference between tools-that-send-emails and an honest-to-goodness mailing list.

Your project requirements sound sane, however. Google groups is a common answer, as mentioned earlier; in fact, I thought we were already using Google groups because I wasn't paying attention.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM, John de la Garza < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I'm a fan of keeping the mailing list.