[chef] Re: Testing Cookbooks vs Testing Infrastructure

  • From: Zac Stevens < >
  • To: Cassiano Leal < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Testing Cookbooks vs Testing Infrastructure
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:09:21 +0100

On Thursday, April 23, 2015, Cassiano Leal < "> > wrote:
That’s true, but unless I’ve missed something, that won’t do any outside-in testing either.

Serverspec always tests local resources, either by SSHing in first, or by assuming it’s already running on the node it will test. In either case it’s testing from within the node under test.

Thanks for the link to Infrataster, I hadn’t heard about it. :)

My bad - I could have sworn it had an http resource, but apparently I've just been abusing the command resource to run functional tests :)

Zac