[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Client 12.4.0 Released

  • From: Fabien Delpierre < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Client 12.4.0 Released
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:48:43 -0400

Ah, OK. Then I shall sadly wait for an updated ChefDK. On the plus side, 12.4.0 does resolve an issue I was having when setting Python 3.4 as the default Python interpreter in Amazon Linux, so that's good.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Daniel DeLeo < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Tensibai Zhaoying wrote:

> I'm this case you should (must) have two separate installs, one chef-dk for developing cookbooks, etc. And one chef-client alone toanage the node as Amy other node.
> This mean having a knife.rb with your user cert and a client.rb with your workstation key.
> Chef-client ithin chef-dk is not supposed to manage a node (even if it can)
> Main principle, have a tool for each purpose, never mix or you'll hit a breaking change somewhere ;)
> My thoughts, just supported by own experience with various tooling with no factual evidence to present. Given As Is ;)

Using the chef-client that comes with ChefDK is fine. They’re just not released in lockstep, so you’ll have to wait for a ChefDK with client 12.4 in it.

Installing both can be problematic since they both symlink a few of the same things into /usr/bin, though you can get around this if you absolutely must.

--
Daniel DeLeo