[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef 12.5 and ChefDK 0.9 release candidates available!

  • From: Yoshi Spendiff < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef 12.5 and ChefDK 0.9 release candidates available!
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 14:16:30 -0700

https://docs.chef.io/custom_resources.html

"Once built, the custom resource may be used in a recipe just like the any of the resources that are built into Chef. "

Also, one thing I'm not clear on, do you no longer need to make provider files at all for custom resources in 12.5 or do you still need to make provider files for resource that don't only use platform resources? i.e. if previously there was a provider file that defined a few functions and ran a bunch of ruby code to do things does that all now just go in the resource file?