[chef] RE: PowerShell script output: where does it go?

  • From: Julian Varanini < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: PowerShell script output: where does it go?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:48:17 -0700

Hi Alex,

It depends on what output you need.  I have done the following to either gather output or to send output to chef for it to use.

1. Log output to a file using out-file
2. Put a sleep in the powershell script to give me the time to copy the temporary ps1 to another drive in order to troubleshoot any issues.
3. Use powershell_out  to send and receive strings from ruby/chef.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

Julian